D.O.it has been designed from the ground up for osteopaths. It may well work also for others that concentrate on making people or animals feel better, such as chiropractors, masseurs and therapists. It includes functionality for managing client visits and invoicing. The system also provides reports and printouts such as client data extract or report for accounting.
D.O.it has been made as easy to use as possible. The idea is that the system does not interfere the work e.g. with different dialogs and confirmations, but makes the use smooth. D.O.it is easy to install and take into use, and it works on Windows, macOS and Linux environments. The downloadable version is meant to be installed on a single computer or user.
D.O.it is commercial software (190 euros + VAT 24% for a lifetime license), but it can be installed for testing purposes for free. In test use there is a 50 client limit. The limit can be removed by purchasing a user-specific registration code. To purchase the registration code, please send email to info(at)labs.fi.
Current Version: 1.22 - Released 28 Jun 2020
Previous Version: 1.20
Installation of D.O.it is simple:
- The Windows version comes with a typical setup program that guides the user
through the installation as usual.
N.B.! Windows 10 may display a dialog about the installation program possibly putting the PC at risk. In this case click the More info link and then the Run anyway button. D.O.it does not put the system at risk, but missing an expensive digital signature causes the warning.
- macOS version is a disk image, from which D.O.it can be copied to the Applications folder. Make sure to run the program for the first time< by clicking it with two fingers and selecting Open from the context menu. Missing an expensive certificate means that otherwise the program is blocked from running.
- The Linux version comes in a deb package that can be installed e.g. in Ubuntu by double-clicking it.
D.O.it is available in English and Finnish. Default language is determined from system locale settings, but the language can be changed from the Functions (Toiminnot) menu.
Upgrading to a Newer Version
New versions of D.O.it can be installed directly on top of the previous version. On the first startup D.O.it will upgrade the database if necessary. In any case it is highly recommended that a database backup be made before a version upgrade.
Version 1.22 - 28 Jun 2020
- Visit types can now be freely defined in Settings
- Clients can be searched using phone number or email address
- Name and chosen contact information can be exported from the client list in csv format. This can be used e.g. for mass mailing, even though D.O.it does not provide built-in tools for such operations.
- Multiple visible images can be selected in visit screen, and they are displayed horizontally or vertically depending on window size
- Client information printout style and content has been improved
- A receipt can now be printed from an invoice (create an invoice, mark it paid, print)
- Placeholders can be used in email templates (Settings -> Email). Placeholders are listed in the manual.
- Database performance has been improved especially with large number of clients and visits
- Especially the performance of the Mac version has been improved
Version 1.20 - 7 Oct 2019
- Added possibility to define alternative prices for visits.
- Invoice list can now be printed as a report.
- Invoice list can now be exported as CSV for e.g. Excel or accounting purposes.
- Improved search for invoices with visit information.
- Changed database maintenance to allow the program to continue even if it cannot complete successfully.
- Invoice reference number digit grouping now works properly in all cases.
- Searching for uninvoiced visits now ignores deleted visits and visits where payment was more than due.
- Monthly report now ignores deleted clients and visits.
- Changing of invoice due date or penalty interest has been fixed.
- Invoice row creation has been fixed to not grup together invoices with different VAT percents.
- Client search when deleted clients are displayed has been fixed.
Version 1.8 - 27.3.2016
- Added possibility to open any multiline text field in a larger window with Ctrl-Enter (the window can be closed with the key combination).
- Added possibility to change invoice number (e.g. to start numbering from a new number at the beginning of the year).
- Changed account statement import so that the invoice is searched with the reference number only among open invoices.
- Test version client limit has been raised to 50 for easier and more thorough testing possibility.
- Fix: Invoice total is now correct also with large sums.
- Fix: the program now works properly also when a password has been set.
- Fix: visit payment date handling has been fixed so that it always displays the proper stored value and can be emptied.
- Fixes to functionality on Mac OS X.
Version 1.7 - 8.2.2014
- Added support for VAT-obliged activities.
- Extended client printout to include all client and visit information including visit images.
- Added payment date to visits. It is now used in monthly report to accurately calculate the payments in the correct month.
- Extended monthly report to distinquish VAT-obliged visits and cash paid visits. Report content is now clearer.
- Added support for attachment files to both clients and visits.
- Added animal visit form.
- Added a possibility to copy a visit to a new one using a popup menu accessible with clicking the secondary button on top of the visit.
- Added possibility to undo changes to a visit.
- Added overdue fee to invoice.
- Improved import of invoice statement to handle e.g. Nordea's statements better.
- Added possibility to add a new dependent directly from the guardian.
- Added possilibity to copy the results of batch invoice marking to the clipboard.
- Added a check that mandatory fields are filled when sending email.
- Increased height of multiline fields so that they can display (at least) three lines of text.
- Fix: The monthly report may have included the first day of next month in the sums.
- Fix: Visit date is no longer emptied if invalid content is entered, but an error message is given.
- Fix: Unnamed clients are no longer hidden.
- Fix: Visits without a reason and a date are no longer hidden.
(Version 1.6 - no public release)
Version 1.5 - 11.3.2012
- Fixed copying of client and client list print templates from originals.
- Improved the program startup so that the window doesn't jump around on the screen.
- Fixed client and client list printing so that date and page number are printed properly.
- Fixed a rare program crash when opening a visit screen.
- Fixed a bug creating an invoice introduced in version 1.4.
Ere Maijala: ere(at)labs.fi
- Registration Codes
- Technical Questions
- Enhancement Requests
Lasse Maijala: lasse.maijala(at)lastenosteopatia.fi
- Representing D.O.it in Practice