Reference number must always be specified.

Started by pekkari, 30.01.17 - klo:15:28

Previous topic - Next topic

pekkari

Hi,

I made a pdf invoice, and I noticed that in the box right below the BIC it's possible to read:

Invoice number: 1
Reference number must always be specified.

Though below it, there comes tow boxes that shows:

Ref. Nr. 8XXX0 9XXX2 6XXX0 XXXX2

I specified a 20 lenght ref. number that for any reason is not detected in that box.

Ere Maijala

Hi,

I'm not sure I really understood what the problem is. Could you create a screenshot from test data that would show the problem? For what it's worth, here's my attempt that, as far as I can see, doesn't show any problems:

pekkari

Oh well, it might have misunderstood it, but actually your screenshot shows the very same
message, and I thought it was some kind of template error. The message is the reminder in right
column, 2nd row: "Reference number must always be specified.". I never saw it in any regular invoice,
so I'll most likely modify it to drop it.

Thanks Ere!

pekkari

Got it!

diff --git a/lang/invoice_en-US.ini b/lang/invoice_en-US.ini
index 76ce570..d97324d 100644
--- a/lang/invoice_en-US.ini
+++ b/lang/invoice_en-US.ini
@@ -81,7 +81,8 @@ FormSignature = 'Signature'
FormFromAccount = "From account
nr."
FormInvoiceNumber = 'Invoice number: %s'
-FormRefNumberMandatory1 = 'Reference number must always be specified.'
+//FormRefNumberMandatory1 = 'Reference number must always be specified.'
+FormRefNumberMandatory1 = ''
FormRefNumberMandatory2 = ''
FormClearingTerms1 = "The payment will be cleared for the recipient in accordance with
the General terms for payment transmission and only on the basis

Ere Maijala

Right, that's a standard text in Finnish invoices when the reference number should be used. You can customize the strings without having to change the provided language file by creating e.g. invoice_en-US.local.ini in the lang directory and putting your customizations there.

--Ere

pekkari

That is a really good tip, as that way, when I decide to get updates, the changes to stash and apply will be
considerably less. Thanks Ere!